BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sdhilip
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

I am using SAS Enterprise Miner. I have a column "Gender" which has Male and Female. I just wanted to create dummy variable in Miner.

Want to assign Male =1 and Female = 0

I can create in SAS guide using Proc class function. But I do not know how to create in SAS Enterprise Miner. Please advise

Regards,

Dhiip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13
data have;
input id gender $8.;
cards;
1 Female
2 female
3 male
4 f
5 Male
6 mAle
7 eddy
;
data want;
	set have;
	if upcase(substr(gender,1,1))="F" then my_val = 0;
	else if upcase(substr(gender,1,1))="M" then my_val = 1;
	else my_val = .; /* catch the errors */
run;
sdhilip
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @VDD 

Thanks. But how to create this code in SAS Enterprise miner?

sdhilip
Quartz | Level 8

@PaigeMiller  Thanks I will try with transform variables. I have one more issue with handling missing values in miner

I have a column Age which has 19% missing value. Also, it has a column name called travelled class. I need to assign mean in place of missing value according to the class. For example, If people travelled in the first class I then I need to assign 37. If it is the second class then it is 29 and 24 if people travelled in third class.  

I tried to do in impute but it doesn't have an option to fill three values in the 'Age' column. Any suggestion about how to do this?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You can do this using a Code Node

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/emxndg/64759/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1t582v60um7p9n1h9...

I'm not sure if there is an easier way.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation