BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChunTing
Calcite | Level 5

How to convert SAS Decision Tree model to PMML format?

Currently I use proc split to mimic decesion tree, is there any possible way to oupput it as PMML format?

( I alreay know how to do this in SAS-EM, but for business use I need to do it in SAS BASE)

Thank you for whoever know how to do it, Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Alas, PROC SPLIT does not produce PMML has has no conveniences to help generate it.   

You might already know that PROC ARBOR has a PMML option to the CODE statement.  PROC ARBOR superseded PROC SPLIT around 2002.  I wonder why PROC SPLIT would still be used. (SAS also has PROC HPSPLIT and PROC DMSPLIT.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Alas, PROC SPLIT does not produce PMML has has no conveniences to help generate it.   

You might already know that PROC ARBOR has a PMML option to the CODE statement.  PROC ARBOR superseded PROC SPLIT around 2002.  I wonder why PROC SPLIT would still be used. (SAS also has PROC HPSPLIT and PROC DMSPLIT.)

ChunTing
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your replay.

I would want to further ask as the following:

1. If I put PMML function into PROC ARBOR as

PROC ARBOR  data=xxxx;

input=xxx;

target=xxx;

code file=aaa PMML;

run;

at which place can I see the PMML file? Currently the log said it has opend, but I havn't seen any PMML file in my SAS work. 

2. if I use PROC ARBOR and Macro to mimic random forest model, is it possible to generate all the PMML file as one file?

Thank you!

PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

Hi, ChunTing.

1: this question needs to go to technical support.  I cannot answer it.

2:   Each individual PMML file has to change to generate an average prediction (or a vote) for the tree. Concatenate the modified individual PMML files and manual add an averaging (or voting) at the end.  I have not tried it.

-Padraic

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation