BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lstroie
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Can you please tell me if there is a way to export the information from the "Groupings" Tab from Interactive Grouping Node in SAS Enterprise Miner 15.2? I would like to export this information for all the indicators (or at least for those with an Information Value above the settled threshold) and I cannot figure out how to do it.

I have tried also to Export the information with the Save Data Node, but unfortunately the available information contains only the Groups and the corresponding WoE, and I would also need the Limits/Boundaries of the Variables in the exported file.

I have also attached a document showing what information I need to export.

Thank you very much!

Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Laura-

A SAS data set that contains the variables and the split values (boundaries) is created when you run the Interactive Grouping node with the Create Grouping Data property set to Yes.  (By default the property is set to No.)

For details within the Enterprise Miner user interface, select Help -> Contents -> SAS Credit Scoring -> Interactive Grouping Node -> Interactive Grouping Node Report Properties -> Create Grouping Data.  (See also the Information Value Cutoff property in the Score section.)

Here is a link in case you prefer online documentation.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/15.2/p1qzwz7onopjqcn11uc04i18urg7.htm#p17c0h1gbzz3kfn1... 

That example shows how to view the data.  An easy way to save the data from that example is to add a SAS Code node to the same diagram, and run code like this:

title 'these are the available SAS data sets';
/* see the node log for the results */
proc datasets lib=&EM_LIB.;
  run;
  quit;

title 'check to make sure that you have the one that you want';
/* note the use of double-dot in the macro */
proc print data=&EM_LIB..Ign_exportgroup;
  run;

/* use your own libref instead of WORK */
data work.mygroups;
  set &EM_LIB..Ign_exportgroup;
  run;

Have a good week.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Laura-

A SAS data set that contains the variables and the split values (boundaries) is created when you run the Interactive Grouping node with the Create Grouping Data property set to Yes.  (By default the property is set to No.)

For details within the Enterprise Miner user interface, select Help -> Contents -> SAS Credit Scoring -> Interactive Grouping Node -> Interactive Grouping Node Report Properties -> Create Grouping Data.  (See also the Information Value Cutoff property in the Score section.)

Here is a link in case you prefer online documentation.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/15.2/p1qzwz7onopjqcn11uc04i18urg7.htm#p17c0h1gbzz3kfn1... 

That example shows how to view the data.  An easy way to save the data from that example is to add a SAS Code node to the same diagram, and run code like this:

title 'these are the available SAS data sets';
/* see the node log for the results */
proc datasets lib=&EM_LIB.;
  run;
  quit;

title 'check to make sure that you have the one that you want';
/* note the use of double-dot in the macro */
proc print data=&EM_LIB..Ign_exportgroup;
  run;

/* use your own libref instead of WORK */
data work.mygroups;
  set &EM_LIB..Ign_exportgroup;
  run;

Have a good week.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation