BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pwhitle10
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was following my professor's instruction video using a replacement node with data set PVA97NK. When I ran the replacement node after making changes, a red border encircled the PVA97NK input node. The error message from the input  node (when I ran it again) is "Library is not assigned. You can allocate this library in your project start up code." 

When I went to the original data source, which I have been successfully working with for several weeks, the error message was: "The Underlying Table for this data source does not exist. " 

Interestingly, a second data source not associated with PVA97NK also shows that same "Underlying Table...does not exist" error although the diagram from this second data source still runs with no errors.

I have been using both data sources and diagrams for several weeks with no issues. 

My Assignment is due at 2:00 tomorrow - any ideas what happened - where to look for clues, etc.

Thank you!

Patricia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@pwhitle10 wrote:

Hi,

I was following my professor's instruction video using a replacement node with data set PVA97NK. When I ran the replacement node after making changes, a red border encircled the PVA97NK input node. The error message from the input  node (when I ran it again) is "Library is not assigned. You can allocate this library in your project start up code." 

When I went to the original data source, which I have been successfully working with for several weeks, the error message was: "The Underlying Table for this data source does not exist. " 

Interestingly, a second data source not associated with PVA97NK also shows that same "Underlying Table...does not exist" error although the diagram from this second data source still runs with no errors.

I have been using both data sources and diagrams for several weeks with no issues. 

My Assignment is due at 2:00 tomorrow - any ideas what happened - where to look for clues, etc.

Thank you!

Patricia

The highlighted text makes me think that somehow you have closed the library reference. Hopefully a proper LIBNAME statement, or equivalent menu choices, should get the library back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@pwhitle10 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you!

Patricia

The highlighted text makes me think that somehow you have closed the library reference. Hopefully a proper LIBNAME statement, or equivalent menu choices, should get the library back.

pwhitle10
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the reply - I had already looked through SAS Studio prior to posting to ensure the Libname and associated EM folders were intact and they were -- but the LibName in the Start Code had been deleted. Several other replacement nodes had successfully run during this same session so, maybe some errant keystroke happened when I launched the third Replacement Node 3 "Run" procedure??? I restored that Start Code and everything is functioning...

Once I get the homework submitted, I'm going to replicate running the replacement node exercise to see if anything happens to the Start Code Libname again. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation