BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MartinBoland
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have recently completed a DS2 course and did some experimentation with converting some decision tree score code to DS2. This ran fine in EG but I received the following error when trying to run through a SAS code node in EM:

proc ds2;
ERROR: BASE driver, invalid PRIMARYPATH value, /sasdata/clk/dev/STRATINFO/FOREBEN-G/Analysis/EG.Project/0.Blended/Analysis/Work/ANRef414_OCI_Analysis/Data/Phase3
ERROR: BASE driver, cannot assign library/path
ERROR: TKTS initialization failed.

Does this error indicate that our EM environment is no set up to run DS2? Is this the normal set-up for EM (i.e. that DS2 doesn't run?).

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinBoland
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks again Jedi.

I suspect we are running an older maintenance release (Maintenance Release: 9.04.01M2P072314) and the use of the 'libs' option produced an error.

Getting DS2 to run in EM is not a pressing issue so I think I will have to leave it there for now. As an experiment I will try a 'clean' project with minimal libraries allocated and ensure the permissions are lenient.

May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Enterprise Miner and Enterprise Guide are both SAS clients, but they don't necessarily connect to the same SAS server on the back end, and even if they do, they don't necessarily execute SAS using the same configuration. The "ERROR: BASE driver, invalid PRIMARYPATH value" usually means that you have a SAS LIBREF assigned which points to a non-existent SAS library location. From an Enterprise Miner code node, try processing a few observations of the data set you wanted to process with DS2 just to make sure the Enterprise Miner platform has access to that data location...

Mark

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
MartinBoland
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the response Jedi.

I tried a couple of things and the results are a bit surprising...

I opened a new project in EM and run some really simple DS2 code. This worked fine. (i.e ran without error and produced expected results.)

In the project that was producing the errors I deleted the reference to the library which was producing the error (i.e ERROR: BASE driver, invalid PRIMARYPATH value)  but now I am getting a similar error to previous only PRIMARYPATH now resolves to one of my other allocated libraries.

ERROR: BASE driver, invalid PRIMARYPATH value, /sasdata/clk/dev/STRATINFO/FOREBEN-G/Analysis/EG.Project/0.Blended/Analysis/Work/ANRef390_Debt_Recovery/Data/model.test.manual

(I hope this makes sense.)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Martin

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

When PROC DS2 is invoked, it makes connections using its own threaded driver to all SAS libraries available in the session. Sometimes this is problematic. For example, SASHELP is a concatenated library, and as of now the DS2 driver can't handle concatenated library references. Not sure that this is the issue, but (as of SAS 9.4 M3) you can eliminate extraneous connections using the PROC DS2 LIBS= option. For example, if your DS2 program reads from MYSAS.MYTABLE and writes to WORK.NEWTABLE, you only need connections to the MYSAS and WORK libraries. You would use this statement to invoke DS2:

proc ds2 libs=(MYSAS WORK);

You can try this to see if it resolves your issue. 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
MartinBoland
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks again Jedi.

I suspect we are running an older maintenance release (Maintenance Release: 9.04.01M2P072314) and the use of the 'libs' option produced an error.

Getting DS2 to run in EM is not a pressing issue so I think I will have to leave it there for now. As an experiment I will try a 'clean' project with minimal libraries allocated and ensure the permissions are lenient.

May the force be with you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation