BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Amitkr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I am a beginner and trying a comparison of models. I have a few basic questions:

1. Is AUC same as ROC index, if not then how can I get AUC?

2. What is ALIFT in model comparison result?

(**NOTE** I found both (AUC and ALIFT) terms used in a research paper for model comparison, now I am building models to compare my results with these results.)

3. Do we need to encode non-numerical data of the input file before building a data mining model in SAS?

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

Attachement is lift polt.

And the following code is getting ROC curve.

data have;
set sashelp.class(rename=(weight=score));
good_bad=rand('bern',0.8);
keep good_bad score ;
run;

proc logistic data=have  ;
model good_bad=score/ nofit ;
roc 'Roc Curve1' pred=score;
run;

Amitkr
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for responding 🙂

I am also getting the lift, ROC plot in my results. What I am not clear about is whether AUC and ROC index are the same things and what is ALIFT (not lift). 

and one more doubt I have is whether we need to encode(e.g., one-hot encoding, label encoding etc.) all categorical variables before importing data in SAS or it is handled by SAS automatically.

Hope I am clear now.

Ksharp
Super User

Yes. I think "AUC and ROC index are the same things " both stand for the area under curve .
ALIFT I have no clue . maybe @Rick_SAS know it.
And categorical variables are handled by SAS automatically(CLASS statement). no need encode before modeling.

Amitkr
Calcite | Level 5
Thank You 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation