BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I need to set the GUILOGON environment variable to NO, I wonder which file I need to make this  change? Thank you!

Jade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In a BI server environment, you have the shell scripts used to start server components in the configuration tree (usually starting with /.../Lev1)

You can find the path to that by using the Server Manager in Management Console and opening the related server configuration (ie SASApp/Logical Workspace Server/Workspace Server. In the Options of the latter you find the complete path to the shell script.

In the same directory where you find the WorkspaceServer.sh, there's also a WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file. Add

export GUILOGON=NO

to that, and you should be fine.

The _usermods file(s) will not be overwritten by SAS updates/hotfixes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks! Sorry I did not post my question clear enough, I'm runing SAS on Linux, how can I set the GUILOGON environment variable in Linux? Thank you!

Jade

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In a BI server environment, you have the shell scripts used to start server components in the configuration tree (usually starting with /.../Lev1)

You can find the path to that by using the Server Manager in Management Console and opening the related server configuration (ie SASApp/Logical Workspace Server/Workspace Server. In the Options of the latter you find the complete path to the shell script.

In the same directory where you find the WorkspaceServer.sh, there's also a WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file. Add

export GUILOGON=NO

to that, and you should be fine.

The _usermods file(s) will not be overwritten by SAS updates/hotfixes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation