BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

I have a quirk that I’ve found in DI Studio and I was wondering if you could offer me any explanation for it.

I have a join that is showing the warning ‘mapped source columns do not match columns used in expression’ (as seen below). When I fix the issue by correctly mapping the columns, the warning goes away, but if I save and close the job, then re-open it, the warning reappears.

I would like to know if the warning will cause any issues once I deploy and run the job on a scheduler.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Looks like something doesn't "stick" in SAS Metadata. You will need to inspect the generated code to decide if this warning also impacts on code generation.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable to not fix such a warning.

What sometimes helps is a Metadata analyze/repair (run out of SMC).

Another option which worked for me sometimes in the past:

1. Fix the mapping issue

2. Save and then export the job (just the job without dependent objects)

3. Rename the job in DIS

4. Import the .spk

5. Open the "new" job

- If you're lucky then the mapping warning is gone. Else fix it once more and test if it sticks.

If nothing from above helps: If the join is not too complicated then I'd eventually rebuild the whole join starting with a new SQL Join transformation - but looking at how many input tables you've got I believe that's may be not an path you want to take.

I believe what also could work - but that's only to avoid the warning - is to add the list of source columns as comment to the expression. So you just add something at the end like /* col1 col2 ....*/  ....not to be used if your source tables are in Oracle and the like and you've instructed SAS to pass hints to the database.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Looks like something doesn't "stick" in SAS Metadata. You will need to inspect the generated code to decide if this warning also impacts on code generation.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable to not fix such a warning.

What sometimes helps is a Metadata analyze/repair (run out of SMC).

Another option which worked for me sometimes in the past:

1. Fix the mapping issue

2. Save and then export the job (just the job without dependent objects)

3. Rename the job in DIS

4. Import the .spk

5. Open the "new" job

- If you're lucky then the mapping warning is gone. Else fix it once more and test if it sticks.

If nothing from above helps: If the join is not too complicated then I'd eventually rebuild the whole join starting with a new SQL Join transformation - but looking at how many input tables you've got I believe that's may be not an path you want to take.

I believe what also could work - but that's only to avoid the warning - is to add the list of source columns as comment to the expression. So you just add something at the end like /* col1 col2 ....*/  ....not to be used if your source tables are in Oracle and the like and you've instructed SAS to pass hints to the database.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation