BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ashwini
Calcite | Level 5

I am using sas distudio 4.41 .While i am using teradata table loader for load the the data into teradata table .But it through below error .

ERROR: Teradata insert: Cannot place a null value in a NOT NULL field. SQL statement was: USING ("AAA" INTEGER,"BBB" VARCHAR (50),"CCC" VARCHAR (100),"ZZZ" INTEGER,"DDD" INTEGER,"EEE" INTEGER,"FFF" VARCHAR (10),"TTTZZZ" INTEGER,"HHH" INTEGER)INSERT INTO EIWcore."RRRRR" ("AAA","BBB","CCC","ZZZ","DDD","TTTD eptSid","FFF","TTTZZZ","HHH") VALUES (:"AAA",:"BBB",:"CCC",:"ZZZ",:"DDD",:" EEE",:"FFF",:"TTTZZZ",:"HHH"). Insert substitution values are not shown.  

Line 6,461: ERROR: ROLLBACK issued due to errors for data set EIWCORE.RRRRR.DATA.

Please help me .The input table has data.

Regards,

Ashwini

1 REPLY 1
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Ashwini

What this means is that you're trying to add a new record to a Teradata table "Teradata insert" which has a MISSING or NULL value in one of the fields "null value", and the definition of the field in Teradata is that it cannot contain a NULL value "NOT NULL field". The stuff talking about ROLLBACK is just Teradata cleaning up after the problem, it'll go away when you fix it.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell from the error message which field is causing the problem. If you examine the table definition for your target table, it should be pretty clear.

Your resolution is to either change the field definition, removing the NOT NULL constraint, to remove the records with missing values in the field, or to replace the missing value with something else.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation