BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zdk
Calcite | Level 5 zdk
Calcite | Level 5

When I persisted SAS data to hive,there was some dirty data in .sas7bdat file.Due to this error,the execution stopped.How can I deal with these dirty data?

data hivelib.cars (COLUMN_DELIMITER = '|');

set locallib.cars;

run;

Data  conversion error on column 'xxx',

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Depends on what type of 'dirty' and how they're dirty. 

Please provide more details. 

@zdk wrote:

When I persisted SAS data to hive,there was some dirty data in .sas7bdat file.Due to this error,the execution stopped.How can I deal with these dirty data?

data hivelib.cars (COLUMN_DELIMITER = '|');

set locallib.cars;

run;

Data  conversion error on column 'xxx',

zdk
Calcite | Level 5 zdk
Calcite | Level 5

thx

the error :data conversion error on column 'xxx' ,row xxx

note :due to errors above,SAS set option OBS=0,enabling syntax check mode.

This prevents execution of subsequent data modification statements.

dirty data is ....there were scrambled code or invisible characters in the source data...so failed to load...

My solution is to extract dirty data and process them seprately.But we have more than 3000 tables.It costs too much...Do you have any suggestions?

thank u very much!

Reeza
Super User
First, ensure your encoding is set to the same across your two systems and is correct for your data. Then if it's the same, you have to clean your data. There really isn't any way around that.

However, the COMPRESS() function allows you remove invisible white characters. You could apply it to all your character strings and remove any invisible characters but that won't deal with the 'scrambled code', whatever that means.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation