BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JSML
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a SAS program that creates a table of values (through multiple data and proc steps), and that ends with a Proc Export to export that table to one of the tabs of an Excel template (xls).  

PROC EXPORT DATA = work.abc OUTFILE= “mypath to Excel template\xyz_template.xls"

DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;

SHEET="table1";

RUN;

There is no pre-formatting in the 'table1' sheet of the template - only the column headings and some data that gets replaced when the proc export is run; every cell is in "General" format and aligned to center. After the export, some cells in the table are bottom aligned, and some (random ones) are center bottom aligned - and the strangest thing is that the latter cells are coloured (have a light blue background colour) and a black border around them).  There is no specified colour or alignment style in my SAS program, so I don't understand where the formatting is coming from.

I have tried deleting that sheet in the template altogether, as proc export creates a new one if it does not find one to replace, and this time the same type of formatting happened when proc export created the 'table1' sheet, except that the center-bottom-aligned cells now got coloured in a different colour (purple).

I've attached a sample of how my Excel output looks like.

Wondered if someone else encountered this issue.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

You say xls but included an XLSX file, was that a typo?

Check if you have any conditional formats in your template

JSML
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, sorry, no the Excel template is xls.  I included a sample xlsx file because I am writing this post from home and the SAS program and excel template I mentioned are at work (at the office), so no access to the actual xls file at the moment (but the formatting looks exactly as in the sample file I attached).

I did check earlier today if there was conditional formatting in the sheet and there was none...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation