BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rami_braham
Calcite | Level 5

Hi experts,

USING SAS 9.4 plateform i have a SAS DIS job that reads data from ORACLE DB threw an ODBC Connection. the jobs works just fine. once deployed  i created a flow in SAS Management console to schedule the execution.

i'm unable to execute Libname instruction using Operating system services scheduler on SAS MANAGEMENT CONSOLE below the message error in the log file:  

Note: Credential obtained from SAS metadata server

Error CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC]Driver Manager] can't open lib ' /opt/oracle/instantclient_12_1/lisqora.so.12.1: file not found.

Besides SAS DIS i tested the Libname instruction Using SAS EG. i can run the exact Libname instruction below the note:

Note: Credetial obtained from SAS metadata server.

Note: Libref XXX was sucessfully assigned as follows:

Engine: ODBC:

Physica Name: XXXX

any suggestions on what can be the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Rami

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@rami_braham 

Looks like the system account under which the scheduler executes the deployed job doesn't have the necessary OS level privileges to access /opt/oracle/instantclient_12_1/lisqora.so.12.1 

Also worth testing:

Run a piece of code which issues a proc options; and a Unix ENV statement and compare in the log if the environment is sufficiently the same when using DIS/EG or running code in batch via scheduler. I'm just thinking the issue could also arise if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set correctly when running via scheduler. https://community.oracle.com/thread/2594875 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation