BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

Anybody out there using Teradata Wallet? I cannot seem to get it to work in EG. I've logged in to the Dev platform and tried executing the following:

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet(password_td)" server=teradata_dev;

This is after setting up the user_td and password_td values on the Dev server using the tdwallet CLI app. 

The error I get is:

ERROR: Teradata connection: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. .
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I have gotten the Wallet to work with FastExport (Teradata utility) however. 

3 REPLIES 3
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @pcapazzi,

Can you give this a try?

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet" server=teradata_dev;

Best wishes,

Jeff

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

It is still giving me an error.

libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password="$tdwallet" server=Teradata_dev;

23         libname td Teradata user="$tdwallet(user_td)" password=XXXXXXXXXXX server=teradata_dev;
ERROR: Teradata connection: CLI2: TDWALLETERROR(543): Teradata Wallet error. .
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I am using LDAP so my user ID end with @LDAP. I'm not clear on $tdwallet is used for the password. I am not supposed to provide a value like $tdwallet(pass_td)? The tdwallet program does have it's own password which I thought was for managing these stored entries. In case that password is what $tdwallet would provide I made it the same as my network password for use by LDAP. I still had no luck. The only think I did change in your code was the server name and changed it back in what you see above.

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @pcapazzi

You can use LDAP without using Teradata wallet.

The Teradata wallet example I provided came from the SAS doc. Using LDAP is covered here too:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=p1djetrmbn53w3n0z737je0qpqt5.htm&docs...

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation