BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

In DI Studio, I have an extract transformation that needs to extract all rows where &extract_dttm is between valid_from_dttm and valid_to_dttm. So, I've set up this basic where-statement to start with:

&extract_dttm BETWEEN valid_from_dttm AND valid_to_dttm;

valid_from_dttm and valid_to_dttm are numeric variables with the format NLDATM21.

&extract_dttm is set up by means of this precode:

%let extract_dttm = %sysfunc(putn(%sysfunc(intnx(DTMONTH, %sysfunc(DATETIME()), -1, E)), NLDATM21.));

When using %put &extract_dttm; it appears like this in the log:

30.sep.12 23:59:59    (which looks just like valid_from_dttm and valid_to_dttm in the input table)

Apparently &extract_dttm can't be compared to the numeric valid_from_dttm and valid_to_dttm because it's a character. How can I edit the precode or where-statement to successfully extract the correct rows?

I'd greatly appreciate any insight, as I've been struggling with variations of this code for days now. I'm very inexperienced in using date and macro variables.

Thanks for your time. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

All macro variables are characters.

To use them as date or date time values you can enclose them in quotations with the appropriate letters afterwards.

IE.

Date:

"01Apr2011"d

Date Time

"25dec2000:15:01"dt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

All macro variables are characters.

To use them as date or date time values you can enclose them in quotations with the appropriate letters afterwards.

IE.

Date:

"01Apr2011"d

Date Time

"25dec2000:15:01"dt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation