BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasDIStudioDeveloperBrin
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there

I am a relative newbie to all things SAS. I work on a site where we have numerous SAS DI Studio jobs, most of which are grouped into SAS Flows for overnight batch runs.

However, we do not appear to have any useful mechanism for performing SAS DI Studio job source code control:-

1. We currently export the individual SAS DI Studio job as a xxxx.spk file and store this in a third party version control system.

But the issue we run into is that although we have all the different versions of the SAS DI Studio jobs in xxxxx.spk files - these are stored as Binary files and we cannot see what the differences are between versions.

I would be interested to know how do the rest of the SAS community deal with version control?

[using SAS 9.1.3sp4 on UNIX - SAS DI Studio 3.4]
7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
On way is to put the deployed jobs under source control, then you can use tools for tracking differences between versions.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
As Linus mentioned, you could deploy the code to a source code file and save that to the versioning system, which would allow you to do more effective differencing. The next version of DI Studio will include automation for versioning of packages, as well as some ability to compare the current version of an object to the ones in source control.

Thanks,

Tim Stearn
ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Tim

Usual horrible question 😉

Which release and when?
I wouldn't have mentioned it if it weren't coming soon;). This will be in our next release - version 4.3. The planned release date is September of this year, but as you know, these things can change.

Thanks,

Tim Stearn
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Tim,

This is very very good news. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Version control in DIS is many people's list (not in the least of those that are involved in product selection and compare DIS to its competitors!).

Would there be a glimpse of this at SGF11?

Regards, Jan.
Definitely. Please stop by the Data Integration booth.
Stuart_sas_pubs
SAS Employee
This versioning feature will be documented Help files and a chapter in the Users Guide.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation