BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ragivenk189
Calcite | Level 5
  1. Go to the desired folder under Unix shell

1. Go to the directory on the UNIX where your sas program resides.\

1. at the command prompt: type at 2am tomorrow (Hit enter)

1. It will show at>

1. at> nohup sas test.sas(hit enter)

The nohup utility can be used when it is known that command will take a long time to run and the user wants to logout of the terminal;

By default, when a shell exits, the system sends its chil- dren SIGHUP signals, which by default cause them to be killed.

However, with nohup, background jobs will ignore SIGHUP and continue running, if their invocation is preceded by the nohup command or if the process programmati- cally has chosen to ignore SIGHUP.

1. at> press <Ctrl>+<d> (to save this)

1. You can check if it has been scheduled, by typing:

1. at -l

1. It will list something like this

1. job 107225020.a at Friday Oct 26th 2am

1. If you want to remove the above job from the queue, type:

1. at -r 107225020.a

1. This command deletes the scheduled job.

1. If you like to submit a job at a specified date you can type:

1. at 0815am nov 02

1. Here the job will run on Nov 2nd at 8.15am
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

We've captured this as a tip -- another community member nominated it.  Check it out in the SAS Communities Library.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nissant
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I tried the following commands in putty .But I did not see any of the outputs generated for that particular date and time .I used the following command at> nohup sasb test.sas .We use sasb command to run the sas programs .Could you let me know what has went wrong in my case ?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

We've captured this as a tip -- another community member nominated it.  Check it out in the SAS Communities Library.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation