BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ilikesas
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to do internet automation with SAS.

For example, is it possible to write a SAS program that will open my Chrome browser, go to Wikipedia and search for 'SAS'

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

The below code will open wikipedia with Search string sas.

data _null_;

x 'cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\';

x 'chrome.exe "wikipedia.org/wiki/sas" ';

run;

Actually speaking, it is internet automation with DOS. I am calling DOS command through SAS datasetep.

ilikesas
Barite | Level 11

Hi RahulG, thank you for the quick reply!!

I do realize that this can be done by extending the 'sas' into the url, but is it possible to actually write 'sas' in the search box?

Thank you!

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would expect you need to know the API for the specific web page, e.g. passing something like:

wikipedia.org/wiki/search=?SAS?

in as the URL - note the above doesn't work, its an example.  The question I would raise is why, what is it your trying to achieve?  I don;t see any benefits of putting this kind of thing in code, your just adding a layer of obfuscation.

Reeza
Super User

I don't think it can. If you need something like that Selenium is a good tool to use. 

ilikesas
Barite | Level 11

Hi Reeza,

If it is pyton selenium that you mean, I already looked at it, and was hoping if something similar can be done with SAS. But if it can't then I guess that I will have to us python and selenium.

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation