BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I hope somebody can advise..

Until now, we have had a Dataflux licencing structure (v2.5 of DMS) and have been running jobs using the dmpexec.exe module

Our .BAT files would contain code to initiate the job and look something like this eg (taken from the SAS Help documentation - an actual example has been attached)

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\DataFluxDataManagementServer\[instance_name]\bin\dmpexec"

We have recently moved to a SAS licence structure and installed v2.6 of the product.

My installation hierarchy structure now looks like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SASHome\x86\SASStudioSingleUser\3.3......"

Below this are directories names \build, \installs, \lib and \war

Can anybody please advise where I can find the exec module to enable me to run my jobs in a batch mode and what my batch file should look like now

(and SAS - could you please update your documentation to reflect this too)

Thanks

Nigel

11 REPLIES 11
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Here's the DM Studio 2.6 user guide topic about running jobs from a command line:

Running Jobs from the Command Line

Does the subheading "Using the dmpexec Command for DataFlux Data Management Studio" help?

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks but unfortunately this doesn't help as this refers to the dmpexec module which used to be there under the Dataflux installation but is no longer there under the new SAS structure - see original post

Regards

Nige

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

dmpexec_26.jpg

Nigel, in my 2.6 image, I see a dmpexec command file and script file in the bin folder. Do you not see these in your 2.6 image?

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Sadly I'm now different to this ...

This looks like out old Dataflux installation (as per our 2.5 installation). We now have a SAS installation/licence and don't have the dmpexec module any more

The Dataflux Bin directory now looks like this (with only .dll files below the snap) :

Dataflux Bin directory.JPG

The SASHome directory looks like this

SASHome directory.JPG

A totally different set-up and nothing like yours:smileyconfused:

Nige

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

:smileygrin:Found it  (or think I have)... it is in the Program Files directory, not the Program Files (x86) directory (as usual)

Looks like SAS now have SASHome in both directories!

SASHome directory.JPG

Off home here now - end of the working day in Europe but I'll give it a go in the morning

Thank you for your assistance

Nige

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Thank you for describing your installation! I'll look into this.

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Nigel, the screen shots above show SAS Studio 3.3 in the path, which is different than DataFlux Data Management Studio 2.6. DataFlux DM Studio is a 32-bit application, so I would expect it to be in the Program Files (x86) folder. Based on what 2.6 doc says, I would expect the path to dmpexec to be something like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\...[dmstudio_install_home]\[install_instance_name]\bin\dmpexec.*"  

Is that not what you are seeing?           

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Dmpexec 2.6.JPG

Hi,

Thanks for the answer - it may be that, when we installed, we had an option of installing in either 32 or 64B mode. We chose the latter (since we run Windows 7 in 64B) - knowing that this previously was only a 32B application Smiley Sad

I was wondering on the way into work this morning whether SAS has split the installation to accommodate this action.

nb Sorry - in my haste to leave last night I attached the wrong screenshot:smileyblush: hopefully this one is more useful

Nige

dtdoan
Calcite | Level 5
Hello, can someone please help me figure out why the following .bat command didn't execute my TEST1.ddf.
Thank you so much.
Doan

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\DataFluxDataManagementStudio\2.9\bin\DMStudio.exe"
-j "C:\myDD\LA_COUNTY\TEST1.ddf"
-l "C:\myDD\LA_COUNTY\TEST1_LOG.txt"
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@dtdoan - This is a bit off-topic, but are you aware you can run DataFlux jobs from SAS programs? I find this is a much more convenient way to run DDF jobs rather than using BAT files:

data _null_;
   rc       = dmsrvauthdom("DMServerAuth");
  jobid     = dmsrvBatchJob  ('Test.ddf', 'http://MySASDQServer.com', 21036);
  jobstatus = dmsrvJobStatus(jobid, 'http://MySASDQServer.com', 21036, -1, 5);
  put _all_;
run;

This does require the complete SAS Data Quality product to be installed, not just DataFlux though. There is also some extra configuration required like setting up up an authorisation domain. 

dtdoan
Calcite | Level 5
Good morning, SAS,
Thank you so much for your reply regarding my question. This really helps me understand that I can't run the DataFlux application with my current SAS/Data Quality/DataFlux installation.
Best,
Duc Doan
CEO/CIO/EIM
213-253-5643

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation