BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SvenWagner
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I stored some data using SPDE in a Windows environment. Unfortunately, a colleague moved and renamed folders. Now, I can see the SPDE files using the Windows Explorer, but SAS does not find them. I already found the following statement in the SPDE Reference:

'CAUTION: Do not rename, copy, or move an SPD Engine data set or its component files using operating system commands.'

Anyway, I ask if there is a possibility to restore my data. In my opinion, it is necessary to update the SPDE metadata, but I don't know how to do so. Any ideas?

Many thanks, Sven

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

Can you use LIBNAME to see these tables ?

libname x spde 'd:\your-new-path-name\';

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You have to recreate the folders EXACTLY as they were (same physical path names), and put all spds buckets into the correct directories.

Recreate the dataset with the code originally used.

You might find the pathnames in the central mdf file with a hex editor.

Strong hint: always have a copy of the data in a straight SAS dataset available and preserve that for long-time storage (backup, archive). .sas7bdat files are uncritical.

SvenWagner
Fluorite | Level 6

Obviously, it is possible to spare the path statments for data files, indexes and metadata. If you do so, there is no path entry within the mdf-files and you can move the directory using Windows drag & drop. Certainly not what originally is intended by SPDE, but it works. 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation