BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TormodKojen
Calcite | Level 5

I want to read data from a spesific Microsoft Exchange account into a SAS table.  Typical fields are sender, receiver, date, subject,

I know that is possible from the 32 bit version of Enterprise Guide.

But the question is:  Is this possible in SAS DI Studio (version 4.903) ?  And how can this be done?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @TormodKojen,

SAS Enterprise Guide manages this by using your local Windows components to read data from Exchange, then transform it into a SAS data set.  It works...but it relies on that Windows-specific connection and it's sensitive to bit architecture (as you mentioned).  No SAS code is at play here, so it cannot be automated outside of the SAS Enterprise Guide app.

If you're using Microsoft Office 365, you can use REST APIs to accomplish the task.  This requires a little bit of setup for authentication/access, but then the process can be automated in code.

I have an example that uses these APIs to read and write to Microsoft OneDrive.  One of my readers commented and said he managed to adapt the technique to read from his e-mail.  Can a SAS-driven auto-response bot be too far behind?

Chris

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation