BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alwaz_searching
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am getting below error while running PROC DQMATCH to match the records with 2 variables and eventually remove the duplicates based on the clustered records.

ERROR: DF_ERROR_INVALID_NAME.

Could you please help me to see what is causing this error?

Thanks,

Jainee

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Always post the whole log of a step, so we can see the message in context.

Use the {i} button for posting logs, so that all the formatting is kept.

alwaz_searching
Calcite | Level 5
NOTE: There were 5 observations read from the data set WORK.ONE.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
      real time           0.00 seconds
      cpu time            0.01 seconds

39         proc dqmatch data= work.one  out= fuzzed matchcode=match_cd cluster=clustergrp locale='ENUSA';;
40         criteria   MATCHDEF='CMP' var= company;
41         criteria    MATCHDEF='ADD' var=address ;
42         run;

ERROR: DF_ERROR_INVALID_NAME NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. WARNING: The data set WORK.FUZZED may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables. WARNING: Data set WORK.FUZZED was not replaced because this step was stopped. NOTE: PROCEDURE DQMATCH used (Total process time): real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Could it be that the values you supply in the criteria statements do not match the respective entries in the locale?

The examples use full words (ie "Address") and not abbreviations.

alwaz_searching
Calcite | Level 5

I used the full text earlier and later tried the abbreviations. No luck. I got the same error.

ShayneGrant
SAS Employee

The error DF_ERROR_INVALID_NAME means that the supplied definition name for the MATCHDEF parameter is not valid for the given QKB and locale that you are using.  To learn which match definitions are available for your given QKB and locale, you can use the macro '%dqputloc;'  This macro will output the names of all the definitions for each definition type.  Be sure to look at the MATCH DEFINITION(S) section of the output to find an appropriate match definition name to specify for the MATCHDEF parameter within each criteria statement.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation