BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello
Faced the problem of incorrect code generation at the Insert rows step when executing a job.

Job consists of 4 steps:
1. JOIN of two oracle tables (result of work.table1)
2. JOIN of three tables, including work.table1 and two oracle tables (result of work.table2)
3. I output the result of the second step to a new table work.table3
4. Step Insert rows in oracle table

And I get the error:
ERROR: ORACLE execute error: ORA-00904: "TABLE1". "WWW_ID": invalid identifier

Is this a code generation error?

INSERT INTO ci_common.award_missioner (
        "PLAYER_GATE_ID",
        "AWARD_ID",
        "UPDATE_DATE",
        "WWW_ID"
    )
        SELECT DISTINCT
            table2.player_gate_id   AS player_gate_id,
            10005 AS award_id,
            to_timestamp('  
11FEB2020:16:36:25.7171', 'DDMONYYYY:HH24:MI:SS.FF', 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=American') AS update_date,
            table2.www_id           AS www_id
        FROM
            (
                SELECT DISTINCT
                    table1."PLAYER_GATE_ID"   AS player_gate_id,
                    10005 AS award_id,
                    to_timestamp('  
11FEB2020:16:36:25.7171', 'DDMONYYYY:HH24:MI:SS.FF', 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=American') AS update_date
                    table1."WWW_ID"           AS www_id
                FROM
                    (
                        SELECT DISTINCT
                        FROM
                            (
                                SELECT DISTINCT
                                    player_main."PLAYER_GATE_ID",
                                    player_main."WWW_ID"
                                FROM
                                    cmdm.player_main player_main
                                    LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner award_missioner ON player_main."PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner
                                    ."PLAYER_GATE_ID"
                                WHERE
                                    ( award_missioner."PLAYER_GATE_ID" IS NULL )
                                    AND ( ( player_main."WWW_ID" IS NOT NULL )
                                          AND ( player_main."WWW_REG_STATUS" = 'REGISTERED' ) )
                            ) table1, cmdm.player_add_services player_add_services
                            LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner_dop award_missioner_dop ON player_add_services."PLAYER_GATE_ID" =
                            award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID"
                        WHERE
                            ( table1."PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID" )
                            AND ( ( award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID" IS NULL )
                                  OR ( player_add_services."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" > award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" ) )
                            AND ( ( player_add_services."FRIEND_FLG" = 'Y' )
                                  AND ( player_add_services."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" >= 1 ) )
                    ) table2
            ) table3

I would be grateful for your help

Of incorrect.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I assume the green tables are actually all views and that's why the error only shows with the Insert node. 

I still don't understand the purpose of the Create Table node.

According to the generated SQL table AWARD_MISSIONAR is both a source and the target table. In such a scenario you really should first populate a physical intermediary table (it can be an Oracle Temporary table) and insert the rows from this intermediary table into the target table.

It's close to impossible to tell you more without actually looking into the DIS job. If you can't solve it then please attach a .spk of the job with all the dependent objects included (tables and libraries). You would ideally also provide another job/script which loads some sample data into the source tables.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

The error is an Oracle error message. It apparently indicates that the name of a table or variable passed to Oracle does not meet the Oracle standard naming or possibly means the referenced item doesn't exist (Not an Oracle guru by any stretch).

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You are referencing an alias of TABLE1 , but your query only defines alias of TABLE2 and TABLE3.  

What actual table are you trying to reference?  You need to include it in the FROM clause.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Job consists of 4 steps:
1. JOIN of two oracle tables (result of work.table1)
2. JOIN of three tables, including work.table1 and two oracle tables (result of work.table2)
3. I output the result of the second step to a new table work.table3
4. Step Insert rows in oracle table

There is a logic/data flow problem with this design.  In step 1 you are taking data out of Oracle.  Then in step2 you either need either pull two full oracle tables into SAS or push the table generated by 1 back into Oracle.  Same problem between steps 3 and 4.  You are taking data you created in Oracle and moving it into SAS datasets just so you can move it back into Oracle.  Is there some reason the whole process is not coded as one step, coded totally to run in the Oracle database?

Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, there is a reason. This option already exists and works quite successfully.
But I am refactoring such jobs. To make it convenient and understandable to all users.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The picture of the flow and the code you've posted don't look to be in sync. I don't see how DIS would generate such Insert code especially given that you've got a Create Table node prior to the Insert Rows transformation.

Looking into the SQL I feel the flow could consist of a single Join transformation creating an intermediary Oracle table and then the Insert transformation could load the intermediary table into the target Oracle table, and then eventually drop the intermediary table or at least truncate it (SQL Delete transformation). 

And because you're loading into one of the source tables: Make sure to set option "dbcommit=0" so that the new rows get all committed together.

The DIS flow will show you if things run in-database by adding a little O symbol to the transformations - something that's missing in the picture of the flow and what's telling us that your code is moving data between Oracle and SAS even though the code you've posted wouldn't.

N.B: The intermediary table doesn't need to be in the same Oracle schema (but should be on the same server).

Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

Attempt for the third time to write a message. Please do not delete, this is not spam.

Thanks for answers.
1. Why I do not use 1 step with direct access to sql.
The answer is: read better and more correct
2. It does not look like DIS code
I answer: this request is taken from the job log
3. You are referencing an alias of TABLE1, but your query only defines alias of TABLE2 and TABLE3.

What actual table are you trying to reference? You need to include it in the FROM clause.
I answer:
The table in the request is indicated, if you look carefully, please:
SELECT DISTINCT
                            table1. "PLAYER_GATE_ID" AS player_gate_id,
                            table1. "WWW_ID" AS www_id
                        FROM
                            (
                                SELECT DISTINCT
                                    player_main. "PLAYER_GATE_ID",
                                    player_main. "WWW_ID"
                                FROM
                                    LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner award_missioner ON player_main. "PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner
                                    . "PLAYER_GATE_ID"
                                WHERE
                                    (award_missioner. "PLAYER_GATE_ID" IS NULL)
                                    AND ((player_main. "WWW_ID" IS NOT NULL)
                                          AND (player_main. "WWW_REG_STATUS" = 'REGISTERED'))
                            ) table1

I forgot to clarify.
If you change the aliases of table1 to table2, in the step where the error occurs. That request fulfills successfully on the oracle base.

INSERT INTO ci_common.award_missioner (
        "PLAYER_GATE_ID",
        "AWARD_ID",
        "UPDATE_DATE",
        "WWW_ID"
    )
        SELECT DISTINCT
        /*table2*/    table3.player_gate_id   AS player_gate_id,
            10005 AS award_id,
            to_timestamp('  
11FEB2020:16:36:25.7171', 'DDMONYYYY:HH24:MI:SS.FF', 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=American') AS update_date,
          /*table2*/   table3.www_id           AS www_id
        FROM
            (
                SELECT DISTINCT
             /*table1*/    table2."PLAYER_GATE_ID"   AS player_gate_id,
                    10005 AS award_id,
                    to_timestamp('  
11FEB2020:16:36:25.7171', 'DDMONYYYY:HH24:MI:SS.FF', 'NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=American') AS update_date
                 /*table1*/     table2."WWW_ID"           AS www_id
                FROM
                    (
                        SELECT DISTINCT
                        FROM
                            (
                                SELECT DISTINCT
                                    player_main."PLAYER_GATE_ID",
                                    player_main."WWW_ID"
                                FROM
                                    LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner award_missioner ON player_main."PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner
                                    ."PLAYER_GATE_ID"
                                WHERE
                                    ( award_missioner."PLAYER_GATE_ID" IS NULL )
                                    AND ( ( player_main."WWW_ID" IS NOT NULL )
                                          AND ( player_main."WWW_REG_STATUS" = 'REGISTERED' ) )
                            ) table1, cmdm.player_add_services player_add_services
                            LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner_dop award_missioner_dop ON player_add_services."PLAYER_GATE_ID" =
                            award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID"
                        WHERE
                            ( table1."PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID" )
                            AND ( ( award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_GATE_ID" IS NULL )
                                  OR ( player_add_services."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" > award_missioner_dop."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" ) )
                            AND ( ( player_add_services."FRIEND_FLG" = 'Y' )
                                  AND ( player_add_services."PLAYER_FRIEND_CNT" >= 1 ) )
                    ) table2
            ) table3

Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried to redo the diagram and received an error, already on another line of the generated code.

rezult2.PNG

In the third step, I explicitly specify

LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner_dop award_missioner_dop ON table2. "PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner_dop. "PLAYER_GATE_ID",

result3.PNG

but the code is generated differently, for example:
LEFT JOIN ci_common.award_missioner_dop award_missioner_dop ON table1. "PLAYER_GATE_ID" = award_missioner_dop. "PLAYER_GATE_ID"

I can’t understand why this is happening. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I assume the green tables are actually all views and that's why the error only shows with the Insert node. 

I still don't understand the purpose of the Create Table node.

According to the generated SQL table AWARD_MISSIONAR is both a source and the target table. In such a scenario you really should first populate a physical intermediary table (it can be an Oracle Temporary table) and insert the rows from this intermediary table into the target table.

It's close to impossible to tell you more without actually looking into the DIS job. If you can't solve it then please attach a .spk of the job with all the dependent objects included (tables and libraries). You would ideally also provide another job/script which loads some sample data into the source tables.

Shukhrat
Fluorite | Level 6

The staging table in ORACLE solved the problem.
Thanks.
But it’s still strange for me that my method of building a process works with errors.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation