BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm currently updating the metadata objects for a certain job to align the changes made on its source. Now as I'm testing it, I got this warning:

tsndrct1234_0-1644369239885.png

I'm pretty sure that all of the transformations are already aligned with the new variable length but the warning persists. I came across a thread with a different concern (ERROR: different length on BASE and DATA files) and saw that it's a bug on SAS DI. This means that the physical table is not the aligned with the metadata, checked it on my end and the metadata of the physical table was outdated

(Physical Table: 40, DI Before: 60, DI After: 100)

Could it be the same cause? Also, I'm not allowed to re-create the whole job, any possible fix? If I'll alter the physical table, this means I have to commit the changes on that particular table, right?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It's a bit tricky to guide in this type of matter.

Not all transformations enforce metadata to physical tables/views.

So I think you need to back track step by step to find out where the deviation starts.

You might be forced to do changes earlier in the job to fix the problem, perhaps even add a transforrmation.

If you have changed the defult length of a numerical variable, be aware of that Proc SQL views ignore that.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It's a bit tricky to guide in this type of matter.

Not all transformations enforce metadata to physical tables/views.

So I think you need to back track step by step to find out where the deviation starts.

You might be forced to do changes earlier in the job to fix the problem, perhaps even add a transforrmation.

If you have changed the defult length of a numerical variable, be aware of that Proc SQL views ignore that.

Data never sleeps
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7
Ohhh I see. The Proc SQL might be the answer for this. Thank you for this insight @LinusH. 🙂
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Did you confirm it was a SQL view that caused this (you said "might").

Also, I saw this:

https://support.sas.com/kb/68/546.html

Should be fixed from hot fix J7S002:

https://tshf.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/J7S.html#J7S004

Data never sleeps
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @LinusH!

Apparently there are no SQL on the transformation where it occurred. It's a join transformation btw.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation