BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Appreciate if someone of you help me with the best approach to create the following fields. I believe I can use extract transformation but I've to use four extract transformation(one for each variable/field) . Is there any other methods available to accomplish this?

Please note that I need to use two different datasets (F_CL_CLAIM  and CLAIM) to create the following variables.

Input Table Input Field Mapping Condition Output Field
F_CL_CLAIM  amt CLAIM.CLAIM_AMT_TYPE_CD='2'  and SUBTYPE_CD='2' NVK
F_CL_CLAIM  amt CLAIM.CLAIM_AMT_TYPE_CD='2'  and SUBTYPE_CD='1' SRK
F_CL_CLAIM  amt CLAIM.CLAIM_AMT_TYPE_CD='3'  and SUBTYPE_CD='1' SNK
F_CL_CLAIM  amt CLAIM.CLAIM_AMT_TYPE_CD='2'  and SUBTYPE_CD='3' TRK
5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you need two tables extract is not the transformation to use. 

Sounds like a typical SQL Join scenario.

And you don't need a separate transformation for each column calculation...? Just define the case logic for each column in the transformation.

Data never sleeps
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Yes, I no need to use separate transformation for each column. I need to
create only one table which has all those four columns.

Could you please help me understand how I can use case when logic or join
transformation here?
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Is right there in the mappings.
You could either so the full point-and-click which is a bit cumbersome, or just write the syntax as services mapping.
See doc and/or help pages within the application for details.
Data never sleeps
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Are you suggesting me to use 'case when' in expression tab? If not, could
you please point me to the documentation which you wanted to convey?
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

You can also try this code in the expression field (functions are usually most efficient):

IFN(CLAIM.CLAIM_AMT_TYPE_CD = '2' AND CLAIM.SUBTYPE_CD = '2', F_CL_CLAIM.AMT, 0)

This IFN function returns the result (AMT) if condition is true, otherwise returns 0 (or any other value you want). Remember to map all input fields to the expression (using the SQL Join).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation