BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm looking for one process to zip and one to unzip files using SAS programming. The trick is that I need to maintain the original file creation date for each file that is zipped/unzipped (ie, not the date of zipping/unzipping). 

I have tried ODS PACKAGE and FILENAME ZIP, but neither of these maintained the file date (although maybe there is some sort of special way to set it up that would allow me to do so). 

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
If you have x command enabled, use gzip/7zip/winzip via command line to get dates. I thought that the file dates would be honoured with filename zip as long as you're not unzipping them.

If you explain the use case (accessing latest files) there may be another option.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation