BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Eitan123
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey, 

I've got some Data Integration ETL processes made by an ex college, in which there are several lookups.

How can I know, for any given lookup, which columns are the ones being compared between the two tables of the lookup?

I went into one of the lookup's properties assuming that "Mappings" will give an answer but all I see is the source and target tables, without the way the target table got its new columns from lookup.

I'm Using SAS 6.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Actually @ballardw "Data Integration Lookups" is specific enough.

And yes, I think the version no is incorrect, it's usually in the form of "9.402" for DI Studio.

To answer the question:

In the Lookup transformation - select the Lookups tab.

Select the lookup you want to examine

Click Lookup Properties button in the lower right corner.

There you'll bothe Source to Lookup mapping, and Lookup to target mapping tabs.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You need to provide lots more detail as SAS might perform "look ups" using Formats, Informats, SQL join/update with tables, Merge/update or modify statements in a data step, hash objects, arrays , or macro variables (to start).

Code doing the "look up" and/ or example content.

Since SAS 6.6 is from 1994 or so I suspect you are using something a bit more recent Maybe SAS Data Integration Studio or Data Flux

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Actually @ballardw "Data Integration Lookups" is specific enough.

And yes, I think the version no is incorrect, it's usually in the form of "9.402" for DI Studio.

To answer the question:

In the Lookup transformation - select the Lookups tab.

Select the lookup you want to examine

Click Lookup Properties button in the lower right corner.

There you'll bothe Source to Lookup mapping, and Lookup to target mapping tabs.

Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation