BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry to ask such a silly question but it's bugging me.  I do "options linesize=150."  And I do "proc options;   run;" and I can see that I have indeed made the linesize 150.  But my program editor window won't let me go past 136 for some reason.  In the not too distant past it did let me go above 136, well above it if I wanted to, and I didn't consciously change something and yet something must have changed because now it won't let me go past 136 even though SAS thinks the linesize is 150.  Any ideas?

Here's another minor question.  First of all, it only let's you see the names of the last 30 programs you've used.  I think that's the limit but if there's a way to increase that then please tell me.  And one more thing.  Someone once told me this was a windows thing so if they were right then there is no way to fix it in SAS, but when I look at the list of previously used file I get abbreviations because it's not wide enough to show the entire path, or close to wide enough.  Thus, accessing previously used programs this way is hard.  Is there any way to change that?

Any info is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

LINESIZE doesn't set the editor size, I believe that's in the preferences pane.

The LINESIZE= system option specifies the line size (printer line width) in characters for the SAS log and the SAS output that are used by the DATA step and procedures. The LINESIZE= system option affects the following output:

• the Output window for the ODS LISTING destination

• output produced for an ODS markup destination by a DATA step where the FILE statement destination is PRINT (the FILE PRINT ODS statement is not affected by the LINESIZE= system option)

• procedures that produce only characters that cannot be scaled, such as the PLOT procedure, the CALENDAR procedure, the TIMEPLOT procedure, the FORMS procedure, and the CHART procedure

I don't know the answer to the 30 recent program issue.

@n6 wrote:

Sorry to ask such a silly question but it's bugging me.  I do "options linesize=150."  And I do "proc options;   run;" and I can see that I have indeed made the linesize 150.  But my program editor window won't let me go past 136 for some reason.  In the not too distant past it did let me go above 136, well above it if I wanted to, and I didn't consciously change something and yet something must have changed because now it won't let me go past 136 even though SAS thinks the linesize is 150.  Any ideas?

Here's another minor question.  First of all, it only let's you see the names of the last 30 programs you've used.  I think that's the limit but if there's a way to increase that then please tell me.  And one more thing.  Someone once told me this was a windows thing so if they were right then there is no way to fix it in SAS, but when I look at the list of previously used file I get abbreviations because it's not wide enough to show the entire path, or close to wide enough.  Thus, accessing previously used programs this way is hard.  Is there any way to change that?

Any info is appreciated.

ballardw
Super User

@n6 wrote:

Any info is appreciated.

The only bits I see abbreviated in the drop down list are the middle parts of the path. Are you naming lots of SAS programs with the same name in different folders? 

Also, are you using the submenu for the recently used file list?

See:  Tools>Options>Preferences>General   If the box is checked next to "Show recently used file list on submenu" then you might try unchecking it. I think the submenu is narrower than the main file list.

n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8

Yes, the middle part of the path is what I meant.  The way my computer is set up at work there is a long path just to get to my folders so even if a program of mine isn't in a subfolder it has a long pathname and thus I can't see it all.

I tried the submenu thing and it looks to be about the same width as the other one.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You are looking for the dmspgmlinesize option. I believe that you need to set that at startup.

You could put a line like this into your personal sasv9.cfg file.

-dmspgmlinesize 200

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation