BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

The following is a warning we get when we run DI Studio obs that reference tables we load for Visual Analytics reports:

"WARNING: One or more libraries specified in the concatenated library [libname] do not exist. These libraries were removed from the concatenation"

Here's what I think is happening...

This library has two paths 1) a path to the physical table and 2) a path to a folder in visual analytics.

That second path is prefaced "/mnt/..." and I understand that mount reference is used for VA's linux. So, what happens is, when we run a DI Studio jobs, DI Studio doesn't know what to make of that "/mnt/..." and we get the above warning. It can continue and process the table through the other path.

So, it seems to me we need maybe a 'VA' version of this library and not try to double use one.

Make any sense? Am I on the right path?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @jwhite,

If you're using a concatenated library to reference one path for Linux, and a different path for Windows, then you will always get this ERROR -- because one path will always be unavailable.

You can solve it with a simple macro to conditionally assign the proper path based on the OS you're on.  Here's the explanation, and some sample code follows.

Assign a SAS library to a different path depending on your OS

/* Use the IFC function as a shorthand for if-then, returning a character string */
%let tgtpath = %sysfunc(
  ifc(&SYSSCP. = WIN,
       \\sasprod\root\dept\mydept\project,
       /r/node/vol/vol01/mydept/project
    )
  );

libname tgt "&tgtpath.";
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

I understand the solution, but  I'm not clear on where this code is inserted.

Thanks for checking in on this issue!

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I took the liberty of peeking at your SAS Tech Support track on this, and here's my guess.  I think that you must have specified a list of paths for SAS Visual Analytics to use for autoload (LASR server), and there are two representations of the same path: one for Windows, and one for Linux.  

This then becomes part of some generated code in a startup script that assigns REPVA and REPLIB, and that's where the error occurs.  This construct is okay when at least one of those paths can resolve, but it's an error when no paths are found.

Example:

libname REPLIB ('/mnt/foo/reports' 'S:\foo\reports');

When run on Linux, that /mnt path has to be mounted and available.  When run on Windows, the S: drive needs to be mapped.  These need to be in place when the library is assigned (at server startup, if in an AUTOEXEC) to avoid the error.  

Even when it works, you'll have a WARNING in the log:

WARNING: One or more libraries specified in the concatenated library REPLIB do not exist.  
These libraries were removed from the concatenation.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation