BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sandhyaa
Calcite | Level 5

Is it always , when a transformation in a job fails, the successive transformations will get executed upto the job's post code?

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What do you mean by "fails"?

And no, not always.

Data never sleeps
Sandhyaa
Calcite | Level 5

By fails, i mean that, the transformation may fail for any reason, ie. a lookup table is missing or anything else like that,

error code > 0

Can you just give me a scenario where the job wont run till postcode if anything fails inbetween. Because, for all possible error scenarios, the job is running till the post code.

Sandhyaa
Calcite | Level 5

Actually, we need to write an entry into the audit log if the job fails. Since, the job is running till postcode, we have written the code for audit log in the job's post code based on the return code value. If the job is not going to be executed till the job's post code on failure cases, then we need to handle this code at the transformation level. For this purpose only, we just want to confirm.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It could be a challenge to rely on code within a SAS sessions that has a failing step.

The risk is that it will occur a situation that is not prepared for, and not possible for at post process to log/audit.

What is the purpose?

The usual requirements are monitoring, and that should be handled outside SAS, usually by the scheduler.

Other auditing/logging: I would say this might be interesting for keeping statistics, like process time, resources consumed etc, so that you can see changes over time, making prognosis on future use etc,

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation