BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kevind21
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using DataFlux Data Management Studio 2.6, and I'm trying to incorporate the Java Plugin node into one of my data jobs. The purpose of the Java Plugin node will be to archive files into a .zip file. What seems like it should be a simple task has proven to be anything but simple. Even testing with a simple Hello World class I've not gotten it to work.

For some reason, other than the files that are in the default path, which I assume is C:\Program Files\SASHome\DataFluxDataManagementStudio\2.5\lib\dfx-proxy-javaplugin.jar, I cannot select any other class files from any other .jar file, except dfx-javaplugin-samples.jar. So no matter what path I have in the Path field, the only classes that I can select in the Java Class field drop-down are DebugSimpleStep, DebugStep, HttpRequestStep, etc.

I'm not sure what I'm missing. I create the .java file, I compile it, and then I create the .jar file. I point the Java Plugin node path to the .jar file, and then I don't see the class in the drop-down list.

I realize that there are other ways to zip up files, i.e. calling a third-party tool like Winzip, but would rather go the Java route, as we will have future jobs that need to call Java. 

2 REPLIES 2
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi,

Have you looked in the documentation for additional setup details? There is a "Java Plugin Node - FAQ" topic as well as a "Java Plugin Node," a "Running a Java Program in a Data Job," and "Set Up for the Java Plugin Node" topics with lots of information about setting classpath information.

Ron

kevind21
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've looked at "Running a Java Program in a Data Job", "Set Up for the Java Plugin Node", "Example Java Programs for the Java Plugin Node", "Java Plugin Node," "Java Plugin Node - FAQ", and even "A SAS®
Macro to Zip and Unzip Files in MS Windows without Additional External
Data Archiving Software", which is non-Java solution. 

I am able to get results when using the example job in the "Running a Java Program in a Data Job" article. It's just that when I create my own jar file, and put the classpath where my jar file is located (c:\1\zip.jar), the class doesn't show up in the Java class drop-down list. Attached is a screen shot.

java_plugin.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation