BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fredrik_Hansson
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

I'm trying to create a metadata table with a prefix and then keep it in sync using proc metalib.

This is my code:

proc metalib;
    omr ( library="/Shared Data/Hadoop/Visual Analytics HDFS" REPNAME="Foundation" );
    folder="/Shared Data/Hadoop";
    prefix="stg_";
    select ("DT_HJARTA");
    update_rule=(delete);
    report;
run;

SAS documentation says "does not affect PROC METALIB processing, because the procedure uses the value of the SASTableName= attribute to compare the metadata to the tables in the data source.". (http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrmeta/60739/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003241162.htm)

I don't agree.

First time I run the code a new metadata table is created, which is just what I want.

Next time I run the procedure above I get a duplicate metadata table. I just want to update the one I already have.

How can I achieve that and not create duplicates?

If I remove prefix="stg_"; the procedure works as I intended, but I really want to use prefix on some of my tables.

I use SAS9.4M3 on Linux.

EDIT: Wrong version. We run SAS9.4 M4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS-Dan
SAS Employee

Fredrik,

Thank you for posting on our communities site and letting us know of your issue.  You are correct - the behavior your are experiencing is not intended.  There is a fix to this particular issue so that your tables are updated, not duplicated.  You can find all the details, including how to pursue the fix by following this link:  http://support.sas.com/kb/61/614.html

Regards,

Dan

SAS Product Management

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SAS-Dan
SAS Employee

Fredrik,

Thank you for posting on our communities site and letting us know of your issue.  You are correct - the behavior your are experiencing is not intended.  There is a fix to this particular issue so that your tables are updated, not duplicated.  You can find all the details, including how to pursue the fix by following this link:  http://support.sas.com/kb/61/614.html

Regards,

Dan

SAS Product Management

Fredrik_Hansson
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you! I will install it as soon as possible. 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation