BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Che
Fluorite | Level 6 Che
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I have created a new business rule to identify certain patterns in the address line1 and set up task to run that business rule in Data Job.

My expression looks like this:

string COMMENT
if instr(`VALUE_CHECK`,'ATTN') != 0 or instr(`VALUE_CHECK`,'C/O') != 0 or instr(`VALUE_CHECK`,'%') != 0 then
begin
COMMENT='ADDRESSE FOUND IN ADDRESS LINE1'
return true
end
else
return false

When I run run task using Data Monitoring node in DataFlux data job, it doesn't allow me to send COMMENT field defined above to output or monitoring report.

Question: Is it possible to push fields defined in expression section of business rule to output/monitoring report?

Best regards,

Chetan

1 REPLY 1
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

Well the answer to your question is "Yes". However the expression cannot create fields in data monitoring, they have to exist before. Therefore the solution is to create a field "COMMENT" and to use it in your rule. When calling the task you will map it with an empty dummy field.

Although, it is probably redundant to have this field as your rule will only trigger records that match your condition ... therefore all return rows will contain an ADDRESSE IN ADDRESS LINE1 ... You can use the different attributes of the rule for storing this comment and reuse it in the output of Data Monitoring.

Hope that helps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation