BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

I've created a User Written transformation in DI Studio. It successfully makes changes to the input data set. However, I'm not able to make it write the data to the output data set (the work table in the transformation's output port). I know I can use &_output to reference it, but what kind of proc step do I use? Proc print didn't seem to know that it should print to &_output.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Your user written code should look like:

data &_output;

set &_input;

run;

Proc Print is NOT writing to a SAS table but creates a report (so a .lst file most likely written to the current OS folder or to whatever is defined as -print destination in your .cfg file used to start your session).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Your user written code should look like:

data &_output;

set &_input;

run;

Proc Print is NOT writing to a SAS table but creates a report (so a .lst file most likely written to the current OS folder or to whatever is defined as -print destination in your .cfg file used to start your session).

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not sure about what you are trying to do.

Were you to output data before you made the changes to the input data?

have you updated the output table metadata?

Pls share your code for a more spot on help...

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation