BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We are working on SAS DataFlux and we have Data Management Studio and Server but no web studio server. We have created one sample job in data management studio and we exported this job to server and tested which is working. Now we need to schedule this job to run in batch process. Can some one please help how to schedule job in dataflux tool or if we can schedule in OS based then what is procedure and how.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Maheswara Talla.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
skillman
SAS Employee

Maheswara,

This question just appeared in another discussion.There is not a job scheduler that ships with DM Studio or DM Server. I use the default scheduler for Windows or CRON for UNIX. The executable is located here (for my install):

C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio1\bin>

The command you should execute is dmpexec which takes the following arguments:

usage: dmpexec [options]

options:

-c <file>         read configuration from <file>

-j <file>         execute job in <file>

-l <file>         write log to <file>

-i <key>=<value>  set input <key> to <value>

-o <key>=<value>  set option <key> to <value>

-b <key>=<value>  set job option <key> to <value>

-a                authenticate using Authentication Server

Your scheduler should reference a script which resembles this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio1\bin\dmpexec.cmd" -j "DM_JOB_NAME.djf" -l "LOG_FILE.log"

-shawn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
skillman
SAS Employee

Maheswara,

This question just appeared in another discussion.There is not a job scheduler that ships with DM Studio or DM Server. I use the default scheduler for Windows or CRON for UNIX. The executable is located here (for my install):

C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio1\bin>

The command you should execute is dmpexec which takes the following arguments:

usage: dmpexec [options]

options:

-c <file>         read configuration from <file>

-j <file>         execute job in <file>

-l <file>         write log to <file>

-i <key>=<value>  set input <key> to <value>

-o <key>=<value>  set option <key> to <value>

-b <key>=<value>  set job option <key> to <value>

-a                authenticate using Authentication Server

Your scheduler should reference a script which resembles this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio1\bin\dmpexec.cmd" -j "DM_JOB_NAME.djf" -l "LOG_FILE.log"

-shawn

maheshtalla
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Skillman,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It was very much helpful. Is there any other way or by using tools we can achieve this apart from OS based. Please let me know.

skillman
SAS Employee

If you have a SAS server environment, in addition to Data Management, you may have a scheduler which can schedule jobs from within SAS Management Console.

sne7189
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Is there any pdf or sas book to reference for sas dataflux data management studio for a beginner as to how to create jobs,various options available in it etc.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Snehal Rao

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Snehal, this chapter form the DM Studio user guide covers the basics about creating data jobs:

Maintaining Data Jobs

sne7189
Calcite | Level 5

hi im gettin an error when i schedule a sas program by creating a batch file through windows task scheduler.

scheduleerr.PNG

sne7189
Calcite | Level 5

hi im gettin an error when i schedule a sas program by creating a batch file through windows task scheduler.

scheduleerr.PNG

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

The DM Studio 2.5 user guide covers the basics of using the dmexec command, which can be used in a scheduler: Running Jobs from the Command Line

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation