BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arv
Calcite | Level 5 arv
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am new for SAS programming.  I started learning SAS two weeks before.  My company uses SAS and it creates three .txt files that are being used by the Informatica ETL team as source. My work is to create mapping document, functional document with business logic after examining the SAS code. I am supposed to examine the code and look find which columns coming from which table and how they are in target file. I am wondering where should I start from. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Go through your programs/scripts and comment each step. Then use PROC SCAPROC to run it if possible. It will give you a bunch of that information in the log. Transformations are what you need to keep an eye on - how are variables created and where are they coming from. When tracing this I usually draw a flow chart for myself and include all transformations. Then I convert it into the formal docs required for the BI area.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Go through your programs/scripts and comment each step. Then use PROC SCAPROC to run it if possible. It will give you a bunch of that information in the log. Transformations are what you need to keep an eye on - how are variables created and where are they coming from. When tracing this I usually draw a flow chart for myself and include all transformations. Then I convert it into the formal docs required for the BI area.
arv
Calcite | Level 5 arv
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help! I am going to get access at the end of this week and then I will follow what you said.

Thank you again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation