BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DaveBirch
Obsidian | Level 7

I've found that occasionally when promoting changes of Repository Table definitions from the Development to other environments (e.g. Test and Production) DI Studio makes mistakes and keep some of the old columns that been removed or renamed.  If these mistakes are detected and corrected then promoted jobs can generate incorrect code that always produces errors or warnings.  Using Proc Contents (or querying Dictionary tables) I can see what the actual columns in a table are, and manually correct the mistakes.

What I would like though is a way to (semi-) automatically compare the metadata table definitions with the actual structures found in the database.

Has anybody done this kind of comparison? 

1 REPLY 1
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

Hi Dave - this macro may help (credit to @PaulHomes who wrote the original): 

https://core.sasjs.io/mm__getlibmetadiffs_8sas.html

If you are interested in finding more issues with your SAS 9 metadata, we built a "plug and play" scanner that can find all kinds of health issues in a SAS 9 environment, as such as dangling metadata, security misconfigurations, SAS coding issues, custom code in DI Studio, missing primary keys, etc.  Well over 100 different checks.  Do get in touch if you'd like to give it a whirl.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation