BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ALl,

i have sas DI jobs and want to schedule it please help me how can i do it?

Please don't tell me that using your favourite schedular.

I want to know how i can do it. I know that using below three method we can do it but querstion is how?

1)Using SAS Console Management

2)Using Windows scheduler

3)Using third party scheduler like LSF 

and also i have read that we can schedule SAS Di jobs using SAS data integration studio.. can we actually do that? as per my understanding we can only deploy job using SAS di and schedule it using SAS console management. I have experience on creating job using SAS DI applying various transformation but never really i have deployed and schedule it. someone please help me step wise. I have schedule SAS job using batch and unix cron tab by writing shell script but never using SAS DI. Please help me. Please tell your answer in referencing Window OS. 

Thanks and Regrads,

Tushar Jagtap.

9 REPLIES 9
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You deploy jobs for scheduling in DI Studio.

The actual scheduling is done in SMC.

Windows Task Scheduler, is scheduled via what is called "Operating system Services".

There are detailed information in the documentation if you care to search it...

SAS Management Console

Data never sleeps
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks LinusH.

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Tushar, The DI Studio User Guide, which is available from the DI Studio help window and support.sas.com, has some basic information about scheduling jobs in the Deploying Jobs chapter.

Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi LinusH and DaveR@SAS, so much thanks for your reply, Actually I was confused in the deployement and scheduling process but now have got clear idea, we deploy jobs using SAS DI on workspace server, and from there using SAS console management we can shedule it using platform process manager, i have refered SAS DI user guide just like you said also the below link i found much helpfull...

http://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS2.1/pm_using.pdf

Thanks and regards,

Tushar Jagtap.

gsreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi  Tushar,

Can u help us in creating, crontab in UNIX to schedule a job in detailed stepwise.

Regards,

Srinivas.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The link in my previous post will take you to the documentation, in which there are step-by-step guides.

Also, you search support.sas.com for papers on the matter as well.

Data never sleeps
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Srinivas,

crontab is os schedular like Task schedular present in Window OS. So basically whenever there is business requirement that on specific time we need to run a sas job which create report for example, then we can shedule this SAS job on Unix crontab schedular (incase you are using UNIX OS). There are other Schedular is also available which connect unix server but operate from windows. Apart from the link given by LinusH which is very helpful you can check the below link mentioned here it will give you basic understanding of scheduling SAS job using Crontab schedular. Also JFYI SAS job is nothing but the .sas file. so if you want to just execute that .sas file you can schdule it directly from crontab but if you want that .sas file execute conditionally like handling some file availablity situation then you need to write shell script (or perl script mentioned in below link) for that, for example prog.ksh (here i have used Korn Shell) and under this prog.ksh you may handle conditional situation for your .sas job.This is very broad topic to discuss so i can't mentioned everything here but i will suggest follow the link which is mentioned in this discussions.

http://obs-depot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/scheduling-sas-program-runs-on-unix.html

Thanks and Regards,

Tushar J.

vishu
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Tushar,

Can you please help me with monitoring DI JOBS on unix sever from windows?(i know putty,nmon,etc)

Thank you.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This thread is two years old, and you question is a different one. If you like answers from the community open a new thread. If you wish to talk to Tushar, do so by contacting him directly.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation