BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
okcken
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to do seamless export of data from a database to SAS. I am trying to follow the Redcap model of downloading three files: SAS file, Pathway mapper and CSV file. Does anyone in the community know how to go about implementing this? Please see the attached file on how they are doing it....Any advice is greatly appreciated!SASexport.JPG

Sorry, if I am asking this question in the wrong discussion community. If I am, please direct me to the right group.

Thank you!

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

The instructions seem pretty clear there, have you tried them?

Download all 3 files, run .bat file, then open .sas file which will import the .csv file.

Or you can probably import the .csv file directly using proc import.

Have you run into issues with this method?

In general, it's actually easier to map and ODBC connection to the DB and then connect to the DB and import it directly. There are methods for doing that on this forum.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

The instructions seem pretty clear there, have you tried them?

Download all 3 files, run .bat file, then open .sas file which will import the .csv file.

Or you can probably import the .csv file directly using proc import.

Have you run into issues with this method?

In general, it's actually easier to map and ODBC connection to the DB and then connect to the DB and import it directly. There are methods for doing that on this forum.

okcken
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Reeza.

I am trying to figure out what the .bat file does?  and how do we create a .sas file? I am trying to create a similar procedure with another system.

Reeza
Super User

Do you need to? Like I mentioned using an ODBC driver is your best bet.

You can also just export to CSV and then the .sas file is a text file essentially. It's a program file that specifies how to import the CSV file most likely.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ant questions regarding Redcap SW should be asked in their direction.

If you wish to design your own architecture, just need to tell us more about your application, constraints and requirements.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation