BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fede7
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I'm trying to read a data set, I've looked at similar threads but exhausted all of them and the problem persists. I'm using SAS university (virtual machine), below are the Server files/folders, the code I'm trying to run, and the log with the error.

sas1.pngsas2.pngsas3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

try libname wrk '/folders/myfolders/wrk';

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

try libname wrk '/folders/myfolders/wrk';

Fede7
Calcite | Level 5

It worked, thanks. It's kind of annoying that the path changes when using SAS on a windows pc as opposed to the virtual machine. When on the pc, I didn't have to include the last folder.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Fede7 wrote:

It worked, thanks. It's kind of annoying that the path changes when using SAS on a windows pc as opposed to the virtual machine. When on the pc, I didn't have to include the last folder.

The paths don't change in that way.  The PREFIX changes not any SUFFIX.  If the file is actually in the a sub-folder named wrk then you need to include wrk as the last sub-directory in the path in both the virtual machine and the host machine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation