BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
options sastrace=',,d,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix ;
LIBNAME sap_src SASIOSR3  trace=1  BatchMode=1  language=EN  Client=100  TRANSERRORCOMPATMODE=Y  r3name=DA1  group=DA1dialog  mshost="da1cs.al.ndis.be"  USER=SASRFC  PASSWORD="{SAS002}A15F8F56266BD0E83706CF0C04E43F23364802EA" ;

proc sql;
create table temp as select *
from sap_src."/1CPMB/BSTD8PSB"n where monotonic()<10;
quit;
options sastrace=off ;

Hello, i'm trying to read data from SAP using the data surveyor. I'm able to connect to SAP but when reading data i'm getting an error.

My logfile is in attachment, any idea's?

Filip

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Could this be the reason?

Also: Don't use monotonic(). This is an undocumented and unsupported function which can return unexpected results when used with a database. If you want to reduce volumes for testing rather use Proc SQL options INOBS and OUTOBS like

Proc SQL inobs=10;

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
hi Patrick, we found the same support link and checked with our SAP support team but they could not fix the issue. You think it's SAP related or we're missing a setup within the SAS configuration. As we are able to connect to SAP i'm thinking it's more SAP related?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation