BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rcflyboyjr
Calcite | Level 5

I have a 3 Jobs running parallel inside a Job Reference in a Process Flow. Each of the Job strings end with an expression test that results in a raiseevent.  In the process flow I have 3 listeners chained ( assuming that creates an AND requirement to continue)

I have similar structures for other files but they only have a single or double Event listener.  THESE WORK and the process continues as it should but when I have 3 it stops at the 3rd one and doesn't appear to get the event

Is this possible or is there a limit of 2. Am I using the listeners incorrectly ?

Goal :   Check the file structures and that there is files to process .   If pass continue on to the actual ETL portion of the process without stopping the other branches of the process

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

If the use case is to start a main job checking if some conditions are met, I don't think that listeners are mandatory. Listeners are designed for running a specific process upon an event, like a try/catch.

For your case, I will monitor that each sub succeeds, and if all of them are ok I will run the main one. put a quick example in attachment.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

I don’t think there is any limit for events.

However I do think the design is important. Is the attachment containing an example of your job?

If I understand well 3 conditions have to be met for the ELT job to be started right?

Vincent

Rcflyboyjr
Calcite | Level 5

Vincent Thank you for responding .. attached is a simpler job example .. But yes that is the essence of it. I have 2 or more events connecting to either an IF node or an expression . when ALL listeners occur then execute the job on other side.

I cant figure out how to accept a success (Continue Processing) from the Listeners.

Rcflyboyjr
Calcite | Level 5

sorry error when attach .. here it is zipped

VincentRejany
SAS Employee

If the use case is to start a main job checking if some conditions are met, I don't think that listeners are mandatory. Listeners are designed for running a specific process upon an event, like a try/catch.

For your case, I will monitor that each sub succeeds, and if all of them are ok I will run the main one. put a quick example in attachment.

Hope that helps

Rcflyboyjr
Calcite | Level 5

That's perfect Thank you that will work perfectly, I understand it AND you introduced Get/Set and how to actually use the IF node. this was VERY helpful

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation