BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

The macro.cfg file we have loaded on the server is not the macro file that our Dataflux job uses. When I run a Dataflux job on our test server it pulls in a macro that is in a file labeled as macro_backup.cfg which is not correct.  When I run the same job on the production server it pulls in the correct macro. I've been looking through install files and doing a comparison between prod and test and unable to locate the file that actually points DF or the server to a macro file. 

I would like to understand where to look to identify which macro file the server is connected to.  Not sure if this makes sense or needs a better description but hoping someone has information that can lend a hand.

Thanks

Carrie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I found the issue.  Doing research I learned that the default location of the macro file is in the etc subfolder of the installation folder. It can be changed in the app.cfg file but for our install we left it as the default.  The cfg files are read in alphabetical order so when I have one labeled macro_backup that is showing as the first file in the order.  I moved this back up file to a new location and re-ran the job and it correctly pulled in the active macro cfg file. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I found the issue.  Doing research I learned that the default location of the macro file is in the etc subfolder of the installation folder. It can be changed in the app.cfg file but for our install we left it as the default.  The cfg files are read in alphabetical order so when I have one labeled macro_backup that is showing as the first file in the order.  I moved this back up file to a new location and re-ran the job and it correctly pulled in the active macro cfg file. 

RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6
DataFlux Data Management Studio reads the following files in order to get configuration directives and resolve macro calls:

app.cfg in the etc folder of the installation directory. Contains system configuration directives that are provided by DataFlux. Example path: [drive:]\Program Files\DataFlux\DMStudio\studio1\etc\app.cfg
app.cfg in a user profile directory. Contains configuration directives that are specified by users. Example path: [drive:]\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\DataFlux\DataManagement\2.1\app.cfg
ui.cfg in the etc folder of the installation directory. Contains system configuration directives that are provided by DataFlux.
dfwproc.cfg in the etc folder of the installation directory. Contains system configuration directives that are provided by DataFlux.
ui.cfg in a user profile directory. Contains configuration directives that are specified by users.
dfwproc.cfg in a user profile directory. Contains configuration directives that are specified by users.
*.cfg files in the etc\Macros folder of the installation directory. Contains system macro variable definitions in *.cfg files that are provided by DataFlux. The load order is alphabetical. The default location of the Macros folder can be changed by using the BASE/MACROS_PATH directive in the *.cfg files above.
*.cfg files in the Macros folder in a user profile directory. Contains macro variable definitions in *.cfg files that are added by users. The load order is alphabetical. Only files with a *.cfg extension are read.
macros.cfg in the etc folder of the installation directory. Contains system macro variable definitions that are provided by DataFlux. This file is reserved for Technical Support. Do not add macro variable definitions to this file.
macros.cfg in a user profile directory. Contains macro variable definitions that are added by users. When you add a macro variable definition from the Macro Files folder in the Administration riser, it is added to this file by default. For more information about adding macros from the Macro Files folder, see Create the Macro Variable Definition.
Environment settings, such as operating system environment variables.
Command line options, if applicable. Data jobs, process jobs, and profiles can be executed from the command line as described in Running Jobs from the Command Line. At this stage, any -o options that have been specified for the job or profile are read.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Rachel, this is very helpful. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation