BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I have created lists that contain addresses for each member in our database.  If a new record comes in, I want to search on that list to see if the address currently exists or is new.  A member could have multiple addresses in their list ie Mailing addr, home addr etc. 

Im assuming it needs to be in an expression node but just not sure how to do it.  Currently the datajob is using a match code node but realizing now that if the list contains multiple addresses separated by a ';' the match code is only creating a encode for the first address listed so any other address is not being matched. 

TIA

1 REPLY 1
audrey
SAS Employee

This seems a bit complex to be diagnosed in the forum. I think you'd need a join, and probably match codes for each of your addresses, but I'd to see the current job and maybe a sample of how your data is stored to be sure.

Are you able to send any of this here? If not, I'd suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support by email at support@sas.com.

Thanks,
Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation