BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm working in a User Written transformation in DI Studio. It has a DATA &_output step with the following statement: report_date = intnx('weekday', today(), -1);

The output work table has a column called report_date, which the value for the variable report_date appears in (as 03DEC2012).

If I want the User Written transformation to output TWO values to the report_date column, how do I do it? I basically need it to output both report_date = intnx('weekday', today(), -1); AND report_date_saturday = report_date +1; to the report_date work table column if run on a Monday (so that it outputs the date of Friday and Saturday).

If the job is run on 10DEC2012, the output work table should look like this:

report_date

30NOV2012

01DEC2012

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You need an output statement after each assignment.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You need an output statement after each assignment.

Data never sleeps
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

Whenever I try using the output statement, I get an error saying  "ERROR 455-185: Data set was not specified on the DATA statement". The data step is data &_output;

Is it forbidden to use output inside an &_output data step, and if so, is there an alternative?

UPDATE: Nevermind, figured it out, thanks. Smiley Happy

christinagting0
Quartz | Level 8

what is the solution for this? I'm having the same issue. What did you figure out?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation