BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dincooo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I have a table containing Turkish character in it and it is stored in SAS library. 

This table's encoding option is latin5 which supports Turkish characters.

When I'm trying to transfer this table to Oracle library it is saying Failed to transcode data from U_UTF8_CE to U_LATIN5_CE. (Also attached the entire error)

I try to change Oracle library option ==> encoding=latin5 but it didn't work.

Do you have any idea about this situation.

Many thanks,

Onur

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

On a generic level: You get this error if SAS isn't able to map a multibyte character set source (UTF-8) into a single byte target (U_LATIN5_CE).

You tell us though that your source table is encoded in latin5 - so you shouldn't have this issue.

If you look at your flow then you're not directly mapping your physical source table to target but an intermediary SAS work table. I'm guessing that you run your SAS session under UTF-8 and that your work tables are encoded in UTF-8. If that's so then one thing you could try is to either set your whole session encoding to latin5 OR to add the encoding option for latin5 to all your work tables.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation