BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mike73
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to run a table loader transformation only if the source table is not empty. I've tried playing around with Conditional Start but I cannot get anything to work.

Reason:

We have a source table coming from SQL which is having minor issues currently and our SAS source table will sometimes contain 0 rows, a job on auto scheduler runs and replaces destination table with these 0 rows and this causes problems later on (VA etc). Until this other issue is sorted we would like to only run this loader if rowcount > 0.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I think you need som kind of user written code that check the source for no of records. You could put this in a User Written node, and then use Conditional Start to check the result from there, or just terminate the SAS session directly.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation