BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

The LAST_UPDATED variable has the format DATETIME20. and appears as this: 05OCT2012:00:00:00

I've got two date variables from this month that I need to be able to compare with LAST_UPDATED, but have trouble setting them up in the correctly. For some reason, when I use the DATETIME20. format for them, they appear like this:

01JAN1960:05:21:15

01JAN1960:05:21:08

Both values are from October this year. How do I "translate them correctly" to work as DATETIME20. values?

This is the code that generates the current variables:

%let man_nylig = %sysfunc(intnx(week1.3,%sysfunc(today()),0,b),DATETIME20.);

%let tir_forrige = %sysfunc(intnx(week1.3,%sysfunc(today()),-1,b),DATETIME20.);

They appear as correct recent dates when I use other formats, such as nordfde9.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It seems that you are confusing SAS date and datetime concepts.

A SAS date contains the number of days since 1/1 1960.

A SAS datetime contains number of seconds since 1/1 1960.

It seems that you don'r have thje time part of man_nylig and tir_forrige. I guessing that you need to see if last_update is between those two.

Either use datepart() function on last_updated, or add some time constants to the other two.
%let man_nylig = %sysfunc(intnx(week1.3,%sysfunc(today()),0,b),DATE.):23:59:59;

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

I figured it might work to add "dt" to the week variable, but it didn't. I've tried countless other things, as well.

Basically my problem is: How do I transform raw time data, such as 19275 and 19268 (which I get if I don't include the DATETIME20-part in the code above), into functioning DATETIME20 in a macro? The current code seems to only add the raw time data into the time-part of datetime. I can resolve this if working in a DATA step, but I can't make it work in a macro.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It seems that you are confusing SAS date and datetime concepts.

A SAS date contains the number of days since 1/1 1960.

A SAS datetime contains number of seconds since 1/1 1960.

It seems that you don'r have thje time part of man_nylig and tir_forrige. I guessing that you need to see if last_update is between those two.

Either use datepart() function on last_updated, or add some time constants to the other two.
%let man_nylig = %sysfunc(intnx(week1.3,%sysfunc(today()),0,b),DATE.):23:59:59;

Data never sleeps
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

Keith
Obsidian | Level 7

Your original thought of putting 'dt' in front of 'week1.3' is close, however you also need to change today() (the current date) to datetime() (the current datetime).  Applying both these changes will make your code work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation