BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ea33
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to consume a 3rd Party SOAP Web Service using a Job in Data Management Studio, the "Web Service Node" under "Data Integration" to be specific.

I'm having 2 issues with this. They're separate issues but I figured I'd include them both here.

Issue 1:

One of the available SOAP Actions (GetTables) has different metadata response formats based on what parameter you send (I think this means response is complex type, not very familiar with SOAP/SOAP XMLs). Using "Discovery" in the Web Service Node I get the following when selecting this particular action:

dm_soap_error.png

I've tried manually entering the response for a specific parameter, but no luck.

Issue 2:

A response for an Action (GetUpdatedFC) returns up to 1,000 rows, I've added all the response fields to the output and it runs with no problems but the result of this call is only 1 row, it seems to be the first row returned, nothing about the other 999 rows.

For reference:

Will like to keep this strictly to DM Job if possible (no SAS code, but if needed, that's fine)

General flow of data job is: 1.Authenticate and get a token 2.Use token for following calls

WSDL for Web Service:

https://www.argusmedia.com/ArgusWSVSTO/ArgusFC.asmx?wsdl 

Also, all the actions work in SOAPUI with no issues, so there no issues on the vendor's side.

1 REPLY 1
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

As far as I know the web service node has some limitations:

• it supports on WSDL 1.1
  • the call is made for each record
  • it is not possible to output the XML response, you only have the parsed input.

If your endpoint supports REST, you should prefer that approach or use an external command with curl

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation