BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Citrine10
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there

I would like to consolidate datasets from a library where all the datasets are stacked. I would only like to select certain columns from the dataset to be consolidated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Citrine10
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there   I would like to consolidate datasets from a library where all the datasets are stacked. I would only like to select certain columns from the dataset to be consolidated. 

ballardw
Super User

Note: duplicate posts combined.

You may have to provide an example of what you mean by "consolidate" and "stacked" in this context.

I would typically think "stacked" meant two or more data sets had already by appended or "consolidated" into a single set.

You may be better off leaving your data as needed and just use a WHERE statement or clause to select the variables for use at any given time than to make subsets of data.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If the tables in your source library follow a naming convention like have_1, have_2, have_3, .... then you can use the column modifier as a wildcard to address them all.

data want;
  set have_:(keep=col1 col2);
run;
RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6
Steps for data consolidation
Data consolidation usually involves four layers of technology: data sources, an ETL (extract, transform and load) data pipeline, a data warehouse destination, and business intelligence (BI) tools.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation