BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mahip
Obsidian | Level 7

I am in the process of performing survival analysis. My main exposure variable and 8 other variables (covariates) are time-varying. I have some experience on time-varying analysis, but each time I have had only one time-varying variable. In such cases, I would have a separate row/observation (for every individual) for every change in the value of my time-varying variable. However, with multiple time-varying variables, I am not sure how I should arrange rows. I tried to look online for this; all I found was a passing comment that the rows should be arranged such that all the variables are constant within that row. I could not find good source for this. Does it mean that I need to create separate rows if any of my time-varying (9 in total) variable changes? This seems like a lot of work, so any suggestion, link to references would be of much help? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I'm having a bit of difficulty envisioning your situation. Could you post a bit of sample data, in a form suitable for people to include and use (there are guidelines on the forum for new posters). Then the technical people like me can get our teeth into it!

Tom

Mahip
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to do something similar to the link below. But, I cannot figure out how to do it with more number of time-varying variables.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/168-2012.pdf

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation